Research has shown that using applications such as EHR and HIS actually does little to reduce your print volumes – often; in fact, such systems will increase the amount of printing that takes place across a company.
Centralising bulk print output, however – and managing print assets distributed across a company within an in-house print room (CRD) – lets you realise significant savings. Switching to this approach enables you to formulate an holistic print strategy, focusing on the delivery of all your print services in the most cost-effective way, rather than just obsessing over print volumes.
Such an approach gives you the convenience of choice you need when it comes to managing your output, allowing your users to print either centrally or locally (on a ward or at an outpatient clinic, for example). This can be done in accordance with a formal print policy, controlled and policed using a rules-based-printing software application.
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect to enjoy with Print-on-Demand…
- Cuts your print costs by removing the need for pre-printed documents – menus and distribution lists, patient information folders, invoices, reminders and other documents are created digitally in advance (including logo and address details, of course), in accordance with your organisation’s branding guidelines
- Ensures skilled CRD personnel perform tasks such as manually sorting, matching and filing documents, freeing up your frontline staff spend more time doing their jobs, and less on their admin
- Streamlines mail preparation using barcodes and OMR marks
- Lets you retrieve centrally-held digital assets – including templates, generic documents, forms and more – quickly and easily
- Performs faster, centralised updates and document control
- Helps you keep stock items to a minimum, and reduce stock redundancy caused by rebranding
- Frees up valuable storage space, which can then be used for other, more useful purposes
- Optimises deployment of your CRD personnel by providing first-line support for distributed print – including proactive paper replenishment and toner replacement – increasing availability (uptime) of your distributed print assets
Uses rules-based-printing to minimise your printing costs, diverting bulk print jobs and complex finishing activities to the CRD, where production costs can be reduced relative to local print assets